Pages

Saturday 16 January 2016

Balea Proffesional Coffein Shampoo review

Today I am going to make a review of the coffein shampoo by Balea (dm brand). I decided to try this shampoo because I have read a few studies about caffeine being helpful against hair loss. I didn't try the conditioner yet since I don't think it would have been very relevant to the anti hair loss aspect since conditioner doesn't touch the scalp.

As you can see, the package is not too fancy nor too simple. The shampoo comes in a 250 ml tube. According to the label, it contains biotin and pomegranate extract as well. This shampoo is silicone free and is not tested on animals.


On the back it has the ingredients list:
AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CAFFEINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, PARFUM, PANTHENOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CITRIC ACID, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, LAURETH-4, ALCOHOL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BIOTIN, BENZYL SALICYLATE, PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT EXTRACT

As you can see, it does contain sodium laureth sulfate, so beware if you are trying to avoid that ingredient.


As you can see, the opening of the bottle allows you to squeeze the amount of shampoo you need to use and as it sits on the bottom it's quite economic as well since you get to use even the last drop of the product.


The shampoo's texture is a little bit runny but the bottle cap helps with that as you can take just the amount you need to use without wasting it. It has a whiteish-transparent colour and it smells pleasant, not too intense, neither too weak, however I find that the perfume does persist in my hair for about a day or two after using it. It also produces enough foam to clean the scalp really well without leaving any residue or buildup behind.



My opinion:
I really like this shampoo as it seems to help with my hair shedding a little bit and I also love the fact that it cleans my scalp really good (usually in the winter I tend to get little scalp flakes because my scalp gets quite dry, but the shampoo cleans them just well). Also, it doesn't dry hair at all, which is also a plus for me. 

All in all, I think it's really worth the price (it's actually pretty cheap at just 1.35 euro) and it's also effective in combating hair loss as it states.

You can find this product in the dm drugstores in Europe.

Until next time, 
HennaRedhead/ ParkMiki~

No comments:

Post a Comment